Awards & Recognition
Innovation is not new to Rex
*First to implement sentinel node procedures for breast cancer
Rex Healthcare is proud of the many ways that our efforts to provide excellent patient care, be a good community partner and honor a quality workforce are recognized. We're proud to share the following honors, just to name a few:
- Named a "Top Performer" by the Joint Commission Annual Report
- National Research Corporation recognized Rex with its Consumer Choice Award for the 10th consecutive year. Rex is the only hospital in Wake County to earn the 2013 award and one of only ten recipients in North Carolina.
- Honored as one of the country’s “100 Great Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review, the only hospital in Wake County to receive the designation in 2013.
- Named one of the top 50 N.C. Family-Friendly Companies by Carolina Parent Magazine in 2013, earning that recognition 15 consecutive times.
- Honored with three winners and two finalists for the Triangle Business Journal's Healthcare Heroes in 2013, including Lifetime Achievement recognition for Cardiovascular Pioneer Tift Mann, M.D..
- Rex Healthcare was honored with an "A" Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group in 2012 and 2013, and in the Fall 2013 Hospital Safety Score update.
- Named one of the country's 100 Great Hospitals and 100 Hospitals with Great Women’s Health Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review for 2012.
- Honored in 2012 with the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare designation by Becker’s Hospital Review and Becker's ASC Review.
- Named to the Best Places to Work list by Triangle Business Journal in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Recognized by The Joint Commission in 2012 for being one of only 620 hospitals nationwide with exemplary performance in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
- Only local not-for-profit honored at the 2012 Triangle Business Journal's Better World Awards for Corporate Philanthropy.
- Winner of the Triangle Business Journal's 2012 Space Awards for Rex Healthcare of Holly Springs.
- The National Research Corporation (NRC) named Rex Healthcare a Consumer Choice Award winner from 2004 – 2013.
- Recognized by local readers of Metro Magazine with the following 2012 Metro Bravo Awards: Standing Ovation to Rex Wellness Centers, Rex Hospital, Rex Birth Center and Rex Cardiac Center. Metro Bravo Rex Emergency Room and Honorable Mention for Rex Cancer Care.
- Received the Women’s Choice Award for Outstanding Patient Experience by WomenCertified® in 2012.
- Recognized as one of the best organizations in 2012 for learning and development nationally by Learning Elite.
- Recognized by The Talent Board, a non-profit organization focused on the promotion of a positive experience for job candidates, two consecutive years 2011 and 2012.
- Recognized by the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition with the 2012 Breastfeeding-Friendly Business Award.
- Rex Healthcare Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center in Apex achieved a top, five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in 2012.
- Earned the State of North Carolina Governor's Award for Excellence for its Workplace Wellness programs for five consecutive years.
- Named a Platinum Fit-Friendly Company by the American Heart Association in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008.
- Honored with two Great 100 Nurses in 2012.
- Earned the Platinum Rule award from Triangle Business Journal for Best Places to Work .