Rex Cancer Center Holds “Beyond Prostate Screening” Seminar on July 12
Beyond Prostate Screening: Evidence-Based Approaches and Multidisciplinary Care
Featuring Radiation Therapy Treatment Pathways
Presented by Dr. Leroy "Pete" Hoffman
How do doctors define cancer risk? What radiotherapy options are appropriate based on risk? How do they work?
Join us for this free seminar and tour of the radiation treatment area at Rex Cancer Center. Meet the radiation therapy treatment team, including radiation oncologists, therapists, nurses and dosimetrists. Learn about the Cancer Center's linear accelerator, TomoTherapy machine and imaging tools used to guide therapy.
July 12, 2012
7 - 9 p.m.
Rex Cancer Center - Auditorium (1st floor)
4420 Lake Boone Trail
(Enter through the Patient Entrance of Rex Hospital and follow the signs to the Cancer Center Auditorium.)
Topics will include:
- Risk-based radiation therapy options
- Evidence-based multimodal therapies
- Evidence-based approaches to seed implants and high dose radiation (IMRT)
- When and how to integrate other treatment modalities
- New Innovations including hypofractionated radiation therapy
- Potential side-effects of radiation
- Multidisciplinary approach to cancer care
For more information about this event call (919) 784-1261. For more information about Rex Cancer Center visit rexheatlh.com/cancer.