Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery®
Rex Healthcare has been recognized as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery®. Blue Distinction is a designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality healthcare.
The designation is based on rigorous, evidence-based selection criteria established in collaboration with expert physicians' and medical organizations recommendations.
To be designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery, Rex Healthcare met the selection criteria posted at BCBS.com, which includes:
- An established bariatric surgery program, actively performing these procedures for the most recent 12-month period and performing a required minimum volume of 125 such surgeries annually
- Appropriate experience of its bariatric surgery team
- An acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care and emergency services
- Full accreditation by The Joint Commission, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program or national equivalent**
- A comprehensive quality management program
Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers means these facilities' overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call your local Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plan.