Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where is the Rex Healthcare billing office located?
- Q: Can I get a cost estimate before I come in for a procedure?
- Q: Will Rex file my insurance?
- Q: How do I request an itemized statement?
- Q: Can I make payment arrangements on my remaining balance due?
- Q: Where do I mail payments?
- Q: Do you accept credit card payments?
- Q: What type of billing will I receive on a monthly basis?
- Q: Is financial assistance available?
- Q: How can I change my address and other demographic information?
- Q: When is my first payment expected?
- Q: What other professional charges may I incur?
- Q: How can I contact the other professional services listed on my bill?
- Q: What is Health insurance, and who needs it? Is Charity Care Health Insurance?
- Q: How do I get health insurance?
- Q: What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
- Q: How do I apply for health insurance?
- Q: What information do I need to fill out the application?
- Q: What happens after I fill out the application?
- Q: How do I choose a plan?
- Q: When is the deadline to apply?
Q:Where is the Rex Healthcare billing office located?
Our office is located at 4420 Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh across from the Korner Café. Enter the hospital's patient tower entrance.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Q: Can I get a cost estimate before I come in for a procedure?
Yes. If you would like a cost estimate before your visit, please call (919) 784-3382, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. When calling, please have the following information available:
1. Procedure name
2. CPT number
3. Current insurance carrier
4. Deductibe, co-insurance and co-pay amount, if applicable
Q: Will Rex file my insurance?
Rex Healthcare will file your insurance as a courtesy. Please allow four to six weeks for processing. If you have general questions regarding your account, call our Customer Service department toll-free at (866) 687-7674.
Q: How do I request an itemized statement?
Call Rex Healthcare's automated line at (919) 784-7677 or e-mail https://myuncchart.org/mychart/. Leave your name, account number, date of service and phone number. Your request will be processed within two business days.
Q: Can I make payment arrangements on my remaining balance due?
Yes. Call our Customer Service department at (866) 687-7674 and speak with a representative to set up an installment schedule. A monthly statement will be mailed to you with the amount due. All payment plans are interest free.
Mail insurance payments to:
P.O. Box 60655
Charlotte, NC 28260
Q: Do you accept credit card payments?
Rex Healthcare accepts MasterCard and Visa. Complete the form on the back of your billing statement and return to Rex or pay by phone by calling toll-free (866) 687-7674. You may also e-mail your credit information to https://myuncchart.org/mychart/.
- Community Care discount that allows any uninsured patient of any income level to receive a 35 percent discount for physician and hospital charges.
- Charity Care Program that allows a qualifying patient with an income below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines to only be responsible for a copay (at least $25 per primary care clinic visit, $35 for specialist clinic visit, $50 per Emergency Department visit and $100 per admission).
- Catastrophic Care Program that allows eligible patients who do not qualify for charity care and who have incurred significant hospital and physician costs to have their medical debt reduced to 20% of their yearly income.
- Complete the change(s) on the back of your monthly statement and mail to Rex Healthcare
- Call the Customer Service Department toll-free at (866) 687-7674
- Email https://myuncchart.org/mychart/
Q: When is my first payment expected?
We will collect your co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible due at the time of your visit and accept cash, personal check, and most major credit cards. If you have questions concerning estimated charges or need Patient Financial Assistance, please contact our Customer Service office at (866) 687-7674.
Please note you will receive a separate bill for the following professional services:
- Radiologist (X-ray report)
- Critical Health
- Raleigh Radiology
- Physician Lab
- Physician Support System
- Pain Clinic
Raleigh Radiology Associates
P.O. Box 12408
Roanoke, VA 24025
American Anesthesiology (Anesthesia)
P.O. Box 18139
Raleigh, NC 27619
Pathology Service Associates
PO Box 60000
Charlotte, NC 28211
Emergency Medical Services (Ambulance/Wake)
P.O. Box 863
Lewisville, NC 27063
United Surgical Assistants, NA
P.O. Box 21724
Tampa, FL 33622
Rex Professional Services
2500 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 219
Raleigh, NC 27607
Rex Pain Management
3633 Harden Road, Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27607
P.O. Box 60029
Charlotte, NC 28260
P.O. Box 34429
Seattle, WA 98124-1429
Rex Physicians, LLC
2800 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27607
Collection Agency used by Rex (Optimum Outcomes)
Q: What is Health insurance, and who needs it? Is Charity Care Health Insurance?
Health insurance helps you pay your healthcare costs. Health insurance can help you pay for many different services, including preventive health like mammograms and vaccines and treatment of diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Starting in 2014, almost everybody will be required to have some kind of health insurance. Even though Charity Care may lower the cost of healthcare, it is NOT health insurance.
Q: How do I get health insurance?
Some people get health insurance through their jobs. If you do not get health insurance through your job or it is too expensive, you can now get health insurance through the Marketplace.
Q: What is the Health Insurance Marketplace
The Marketplace is a website where you can buy health insurance. On the Marketplace website, you will fill out an application and find out what healthcare plans are available to you and your family. Some people can get Medicaid or CHIP. Others may be able to get low-cost health coverage plans.
Back to top
Q: How do I apply for health insurance?
There are two ways to apply for health insurance. You can apply online at www.healthcare.gov or fill out a paper application. Let us know if you need a paper application.
- Social Security numbers for all household members OR document numbers for immigrants
- Income information – pay stubs or R W-2 forms
- Insurance policy numbers for household members who already have health insurance
- If your employer offers insurance through your job, you need to fill out the employer coverage tool at https://www.healthcare.gov/.../MarketplaceApp_Checklist_Generic.pdf
Q: What happens after I fill out the application?
The Marketplace will tell you which health insurance plans you can buy. It will also tell you if you qualify for Medicaid, tax credits or cost-sharing reductions that will lower the cost of your health insurance. You can compare the plans and choose the one that is best for you.
Q: How do I choose a plan?
The Marketplace can help you compare plans based on what they cover and how much they cost. You should think about what is important to you. For example, if you already have a doctor, you should make sure that your new plan will cover your doctor.