Rex Comprehensive Breast Care Program
From discovery to recovery, Rex Healthcare's Comprehensive Breast Care Program takes care of you. Our program offers a full range of treatment and support services with a team of physicians, expert staff and a support network dedicated to caring for each individual patient.
Certified by the American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center and accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Care Centers, Rex meets national standards for excellent breast care and has a long standing tradition of caring for patients with the latest technology and the compassionate care you know and have come to expect.
Through a partnership with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the N.C. Cancer Hospital, Rex offers clinical research and experts in more than a dozen specialties, including breast cancer care. Rex provides the highest standards for your local care in Raleigh, Garner, Wakefield, Smithfield and Clayton.
The Comprehensive Approach
At Rex, our specialists treat breast cancer with a multidisciplinary approach. That means physicians from different specialties work together to coordinate care for each patient. Radiologists, surgeons and oncologists meet to discuss the best treatment options for each patient’s disease, lifestyle and goals.
- Radiologists, surgeons and oncologists coordinate treatment plans.
- Nurse navigators walk patients through every step of diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
- Support services include everything from individual counseling sessions to nutrition consultations.
- Recovery is an important part of treatment, and Rex offers special rehabilitation, wellness and support programs just for breast cancer survivors.
- Diagnostics, consultations and treatments are available in Raleigh or in other locations in Wake and Johnston Counties.