The Rex Healthcare CPE Program is fully accredited to offer Level I, II and Supervisory CPE by:
The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
One West Court Square, Suite 325
Decatur, GA 30033
Phone: (404) 320-1472
Extended 2015 - 2016
Residency 2014 – 2016
- Students seeking academic course credit for CPE should contact their seminary / divinity school registrar for information and guidance.
- Tuition is payable to Rex Healthcare. A limited number of tuition grants are available.
- •Applications are reviewed as they are received with some consideration given to group composition. Interested students are encouraged to apply early.
- The required general hospital orientation usually occurs one week prior to the start date of the CPE program. The actual date and time will be communicated to students.
- The Residency program consists of four units of CPE over a two-year period with an eight week break during the summer. The educational and clinical requirements for the program include a minimum of 20 hours per week plus an average of two overnight on-calls per month. The summer break is without compensation.
- For the 2014 – 2016 part-time Residency, the minimum salary is $12,258 (equivalent to $28,974 for full-time). The actual rate is determined through the Human Resources hiring process. There is the possibility of an increase during the annual merit process.
- Information is subject to change. Contact Pastoral Care Services at (919) 784-3371 for current information.