Financial Aspects of Care
Rex Healthcare will assist you with obtaining the necessary approval for your visit and will file primary and most secondary insurance claims for you.
Insurance InformationWhen you register, if you plan to file a claim for your health care, please provide the following:
- A copy of your insurance card(s) to file your claim
- A copy of your Medicare or Medicaid insurance cards, if applicable
- A signed release form authorizing Rex to release information to your insurance company to ensure your claims will be paid promptly
- Your co-pay, co-insurance and/or deductible at the time of your visit (cash, personal checks and most major credit cards are accepted)
If your insurance requires approval (pre-authorization or pre-certification) for certain tests or admission to the hospital, Rex will help you obtain the necessary approval for your visit if you have not already done so.
If you have questions concerning your financial responsibility or need financial assistance, please contact a UNC Health Care financial services representative at (919) 966-3425, (866) 704-5286 or visit them in our Patient Financial Services Office located at 2500 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 219, Raleigh, NC 27607, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, closed.
For a cost estimate before your visit, call Patient Financial Services at (919) 784-3382. The office is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Customer Services Representatives at Rex will answer any question you may have before, during or after your visit. They can also prescreen you to determine if you are eligible for financial assistance.
.Representatives are available:
|• During your visit||
• Before or after your visit:
Patient Financial Services Department
|• By phone or after-hours:||Our Customer Service Office is also available by phone
at (866) 704-5286 or (919) 966-3425 for questions Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.