Consultants are available at Rex every day to assist new moms during their hospital stay. All lactation consultants have had specialized training to assist with both routine and specialized breastfeeding situations.
Our lactation consultants' goal is to deliver optimal care to nursing infants and their mothers with consistent and accurate breastfeeding education and outreach. If you're thinking about breastfeeding, or you need assistance with your newborn once you're at home or work, know that Rex Women's Center is here for you.
Resources at RexRex Women's Center offers a myriad of items and ways to best to accommodate all new moms.
Women's Center resources include:
- Breastfeeding classes, both before and after you have your baby
- Free telephone assistance with breastfeeding questions, before or after your stay at Rex (This service is available to anyone in the community)
- Outpatient appointments to help you with any special needs of difficulties after leaving the hospital
- Rental of hospital-grade electric breast pumps
- Services of a certified bra fitter to assist moms in choosing maternity and nursing bras
- A quiet and private space to breastfeed
- A class to help you continue breastfeeding after returning to work
Additional ResourcesFor your convenience, we have provided some additional resources that may be of help to you.
Triangle Breastfeeding Alliance
North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition
American Academy of Pediatrics
La Leche League International
Nursing Mothers of Raleigh
Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
Stanford School of Medicine- Breastfeeding
U.S. Surgeon General