Eligibility Requirements for Mobile Mammography Screening
Eligibility requirements for mobile mammography screening:
- Must have an active physician (seen in the last year)
- Must not have any abnormal symptoms (i.e. pain, new lump or nipple discharge – please contact your physician for follow up if you have any of these symptoms.)
- Must be at least 35 years of age (confirm coverage with insurance carrier)
- Must not have had a mammogram in the last 12 months (confirm coverage with insurance carrier if less than 12 months)
- If you have a personal history of breast cancer, please contact your physician for a referral to one of our Rex Mammography Locations. We do not have a Radiologist on our mobile unit or the ability to provide diagnostic testing onsite
How Should I Prepare?
Please bring a disc or films from any prior mammograms, if done at a facility other than at any of our Rex Mammography locations. If you would like Rex to request these on your behalf, please complete our medical records release form at the time of your appointment. It can take up to 4 weeks to obtain films from out of state.
- On the day of the examination, we will have wipes available for those who have to wear Deodorant prior to the mammogram. Please do not wear talcum powder, deodorant, lotion or perfume under your arms or on your breasts. These substances can cause artifacts on your mammogram making the images harder to interpret. Deodorant will also be available to you after your exam
- Wear two-piece clothing so that you only have to remove your top and bra for the examination
- Please review screening mammogram criteria to confirm eligibility
- Schedule an appointment with the organization hosting the mobile screening
- Please complete all required fields including pertinent history during the pre-registration process: prior surgeries, menstrual cycle, hormone use, family history of breast cancer
When do I receive my results?
Screening mammography results will be mailed to the address and faxed to the physician you provided during registration within two weeks. If you are called back for additional mammographic views, please do not be alarmed. In some cases additional views are needed in order for the Radiologist to make an accurate diagnosis. If additional imaging is recommended a member of our staff will contact you personally to discuss the next step of care. The additional imaging (diagnostic mammogram and possibly breast ultrasound) can be done at one of our Rex Mammography locations or at an oustide facility with a referral from your physician.