At Rex, we are committed to providing a safe environment for patients and families. You can lower your risk of injury and make your hospital stay as safe as possible by being an active participant in your healthcare.. Patients who are more involved with their care in the hospital tend to do better and stay safer.
Here is how you can make your stay a safe and positive experience:
- Identify yourself. Wear your hospital I.D. bracelet at all times. If your bracelet comes off, ask your nurse to provide a new one.
- Check the information on your hospital I.D. bracelet to make sure that your name, birth date, and medical record number are correct.
- Make sure that all staff members check your I.D. bracelet before any procedure, surgery or test is performed, or medicine is given.
- Ask questions if you do not understand. It is your body and your right to know.
- Talk with your healthcare providers any time about any concerns you have. If you think of questions when your doctor or nurse is not present, write them down so that you can ask them at a later time. Our caring physicians, nurses and staff are here to help.
Your nurse may arrange for an interpreter to assist you if you are deaf or hearing-impaired, or if English is not your primary language.