Rex Pharmacy Residency Program
The Rex Pharmacy Residency program is designed to: help the resident gain project management skills, foster teaching opportunities with pharmacy students and provide opportunities for public speaking and formulary management. The PGY1 residency program prepares practitioners to begin practicing as an experienced clinical pharmacist in the institutional practice setting or enter a PGY2 residency.
The One-Year Residency Program Includes:
- One week hospital orientation consisting of general hospital orientation, clinical orientation and clinical computer orientation.
- Precepted inpatient learning experience
- A project month, an orientation month and ten clinical rotations in any of the following areas – Infectious Disease, Oncology, Administration, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Pharmacy Informatics, Medication Therapy Management, Ambulatory Care, and Drug Information
- Pharmacotherapy and administrative projects and presentations
- Coaching/mentoring sessions with the pharmacy clinical coordinator, manager and/or director
- Additional learning and continuing education opportunities
Residency Eligibility Requirements:
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. from an ACPE Accredited College of Pharmacy
- North Carolina Pharmacist licensure by July 31, 2013
Online Application Process:
- Applications should be submitted online via PhORCAS
- Residency code #36022, NMS code #152013
- Application deadline is January 14, 2013
Program Start Date: June 24, 2013
For questions about the pharmacy residency please call Jeff Gross, Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, at email@example.com.