Pre-Surgical Phone Call
If you are not scheduled for a pre-surgical appointment, you may receive a phone call from a Rex nurse two to three days before a scheduled procedure. The interview will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.
You will be asked if this is a convenient time to obtain this information or be given the option and phone number to call back at another time.
During the interview, the nurse will:
- Review your health history
- Review pre-operative instructions
- Obtain a list of current medications and allergies
- Ask you to obtain your most recent labs from your primary physician if applicable
- Give you the opportunity to ask questions about your procedure