To prepare you for your surgical experience, it is essential that your health care providers have present and past health information, including your allergies, current medications and medical history. If indicated, your physician may schedule you for a pre-surgical testing appointment at our Perioperative Planning Center, or you may receive a pre-surgical phone call.
Pre-operative classes and special instructions are available, and may be of helpful to patients. Our office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We can be reached at (919) 784-3102.
Pre-Surgical Testing Appointment
You may receive a reminder phone call the day before your appointment.
Before your appointment:
- You may eat, drink and take your routine medications as usual.
- Bring your completed personal health history form and all papers/orders from your physician's office.
- Please allow one to two hours to complete your appointment. The amount of time you spend will vary based on the number of tests you receive.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete the registration process.
During your pre-surgical testing visit we will:
- Weigh and measure you
- Perform all required pre-screening diagnostic tests (blood, EKG, x-ray, etc.) as requested by your physician
- Review your medical history, allergies and current medications
- Obtain other necessary clinical information
- Conduct an anesthesiologist interview/evaluation
- Provide patient education regarding your procedure
Rex Perioperative Planning Center
4420 Lake Boone Trail
Raleigh, NC 27607