Prevention education is a key goal for the Rex Chest Pain Center. Rex offers several ways for people in Raleigh and the Triangle to learn about preventing a heart attack:
- HeartAware, a free, seven-minute online risk assessment that could save your life
- Smart Women @ Heart, a free kit available by registering online that provides information on what women need to know about heart disease
- Online Screenings that promote early detection of and education about heart attack and heart disease
- Community Heart and Vascular Screenings that offer 10 simple, painless, high-quality screenings at an affordable cost
- Rex Wellness Centers in Raleigh and Cary with comprehensive prevention and wellness classes and programs in nutrition, weight management and relaxation that can help you accomplish positive, healthy goals
- Diabetes Education to learn about controlling diabetes , a key in managing your risk for heart disease
- Find a physician referral program.