Rex Financial Assistance Program
Rex Healthcare is committed to providing the best health services to everyone in the communities we serve - regardless of their ability to pay. Rex has established the Rex Assist program to provide financial assistance to our patients in need. Please carefully review criteria below:
The following areas currently accept Rex Assist:
- Rex Hospital Inpatient and Outpatients and Emergency room services
- Rex Express Care locations
- Rex Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Centers of Raleigh and Apex
- Rex Transport
- Rex Senior Center
- Rex Heart and Vascular Specialists
- Rex Thoracic Specialists
- Rex Outreach Lab
Only medically necessary Rex Hospital services are eligible for charity care consideration.
Hospital services do not include: services provided by Rex Physicians, LLC, other physicians, radiologists, pathologists or medical professionals who may have treated the patient at Rex Hospital. Elective cosmetic and bariatric procedures are not eligible for charity care.
Hospital services include: Rex Hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency room services, Rex Express Care locations, Rex Rehabilitation & Nursing Care Centers of Raleigh and Apex, Rex Transport, Rex Heart & Vascular Specialists, Rex Thoracic Specialists and Rex Outreach Lab. Hospital services do not include services provided by Rex Physicians, LLC, other physicians, radiologists, pathologists or medical professionals who may have treated the patient at Rex Hospital. Elective cosmetic and bariatric procedures are not eligible for charity care.
Rex Assist Application Instructions:
- Complete Rex Assist application form. (Spanish version)
- All applicants must submit their most recent tax return and last two bank statement(s). If you are not able to provide the documentation requested, please complete the Rex Assist Letter of Circumstance and attach to your Rex Assist Application and mail to the address listed.
- If tax return is unavailable, other proof of income must be provided, i.e. letter from employer, last two pay stubs.
- If applicable, make application for assistance (Medicare, Medicaid,
and other charity programs), and/or will apply for Cobra Insurance which
may be available for payment for me and/or my dependents' hospital charges.
- Take any/all action reasonably necessary to obtain such assistance and assign or pay to Rex Healthcare the amount recovered for hospital charges.
- Any fee reduction for services at Rex Healthcare may only be considered if those services are urgent and medically necessary procedures and referred by a physician.
- Elective and bariatric procedures will not be eligible for any fee adjustments.
- Please continue to make your payments to Rex Hospital. You will be notified by phone or mail regarding any alternate payment arrangements.
- Return the application to:
Attn: Patient Financial Services-RA
4420 Lake Boone Trail
Raleigh, NC 27607
Information supplied to Rex Healthcare will be held confidential.
Uninsured Discount (does not apply for case rates, bariatric and premium lens procedures and the full rate is due at registration)
Prompt-Pay Discount (does not apply for case rates, bariatric and premium lens procedures and the full rate is due at registration)
Uninsured patients are eligible for:
- An additional 15 percent discount (a total of 50 percent) when balances are paid at or before Final Billed Date (5 days after discharge)
Monthly Payment Plans (does not apply for case rates, bariatric and premium lens procedures and the full rate is due at registration)
Rex provides a monthly installment plan to all patients who request one. Qualifying individuals may elect a tailored no-interest payment plan designed to fit their budget within the following guidelines:
- Up to $200 - 4 months
- $201 to $500 - 5 months
- $501 to $1,000 - 12 months
- $1,001 to $2,500 - 24 months
- $2,501 to $5,000 - 36 months
- $5,001 and over - 48 months
Customer Service Advocates
Our professional customer service advocates assist patients in determining eligibility and obtaining available coverage from Medicaid, Medicare and other available sources of healthcare coverage.
Capital Care Collaborative
Rex Healthcare is a partner in the Capital Care Collaborative, a Wake County program designed to coordinate care for the uninsured and to get patients into the most appropriate and cost-effective venue for care.
100 percent when the income is equal to or less than 250 percent of the poverty guidelines.
|Forgiveness of Debt||2013 Federal Poverty Guidelines||Traditional Charity Care 100% of past and 6 Months Future (some exceptions apply)|
|% of Federal Poverty Guidelines||< = 250%|
|Family Size of 1||$11,490||$28,725|
|Family Size of 2||$15,510||$38,775|
|Family Size of 3||$19,530||$47,725|
|Family Size of 4||$23,550||$58,825|
|Family Size of 5||$27,570||$68,925|
|Family Size of 6||$31,590||$78,975|
|Family Size of 7||$35,610||$89,025|
|Family Size of 8||$39,630||$97,075|
|For each additional person||$4,020|
Patient Financial Services
4420 Lake Boone Trail
Raleigh, NC 27607
(866) 687-7674 toll-free
(919) 784-1697 fax