As part of UNC Rex Cancer Care, Rex-UNC Radiation Oncology offers cutting-edge, comprehensive cancer treatment in four convenient locations across the Triangle, including at Clayton and Smithfield Radiation Oncology through our partnership with Johnston Health. Our board-certified physicians specialize in developing targeted, radiation treatment plans for patients. As part of the first nationally accredited community cancer center in North Carolina, we meet national standards for excellence and are known for the compassionate, personalized care we provide to patients.
Advanced Technology and Treatments
At Rex-UNC Radiation Oncology, we treat all types of cancers. Whatever your diagnosis, your care team will work with you to create a personalized plan that tailors treatment specifically to your needs and lifestyle using the latest technology available.
We offer several services and advanced treatments:
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
- Genetic testing
- Clinical trials
- Multidisciplinary care case conferences
- Patient navigation
- Survivorship care
- Second opinions
- Access to patient support groups, nutritional services and counseling