REX Transport Services provides safe solutions for your emergency and non-emergency transport needs.
Call 888-787-4579 or 919-784-4788 to request a transport or for more information.
Hospital Emergency Transport
REX Transport helps patients with transport needs that require medical supervision. For example, from a nursing home to the hospital or from the hospital to a rehab facility.
Our transport fleet consists of three Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulances and two wheelchair vans. Each unit is staffed with state-certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) trained in providing on-the-spot medical care.
BLS ambulance service is available Monday – Saturday from 9 am to 7pm.
Wheelchair van service is available Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4 pm.
Critical Care Transport
REX Critical Care Transport services work closely with neurologists, pulmonologists, emergency physicians, hospitalists and cardiologists to provide a continuum of care between tertiary facilities and UNC REX Hospital.
Our transport services include Critical Care Transport (CCT) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) transportation to and from UNC REX Hospital, UNC Hospitals, affiliates and other regional medical facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our CCT teams are trained and equipped to transport post-cardiac arrest, STEMI, CVA, respiratory failure, sepsis, trauma, high-risk obstetrical and other critical patients. They also have the ability to:
- Intubate and operate ventilators
- Administer narcotics, sedatives, IV medications and infusions
- Transport patients receiving blood or blood products
- Operate specialty devices and invasive monitoring devices such as intracranial pressure monitors, cardiac pacing and chest tubes
All paramedics, nurses and EMTs also attend mandatory continuing education and specialty programs and advanced certification classes including:
- National and NC certified EMT-Paramedic (NREMT-P, EMT-P)
- Critical Care Paramedics (CCEMT-P, CCP-C)
- Flight Paramedics (FP-C)
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Pediatric Trauma Life Support (PTLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Trauma nursing core course (TNCC)
- Basic and advanced trauma life support (BTLS/ATLS)
- Certified emergency nurse (CEN)
- Critical care registered nurse (CCRN)