At UNC REX Healthcare, we are proud to have received Wake County's First Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Certification from the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
If you suffer from chronic lung diseases such as COPD, emphysema and chronic bronchitis, UNC REX’s Pulmonary Rehab Team is here to help. Through education and individualized exercise treatment plans our medically supervised Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to help our patients enhance their overall quality of life. Our multidisciplinary healthcare team is here to provide you with the tools that will help you better manage your activities of daily living, increase energy and decrease shortness breath that is often associated with chronic lung disease.
Our program is especially beneficial if you have:
• Chronic Bronchitis
• Pulmonary Fibrosis
• Restrictive Lung Disease
We can assist you with ways to:
• Minimize respiratory symptoms
• Reduce hospitalizations
• Decrease shortness of breath
• Increase strength and endurance
• Reduce stress
• Improve overall wellness
About the Program
Interested in enrolling in UNC REX's Pulmonary rehabilitation program? You should know that:
• To begin our program, a physician referral is needed.
• Following an initial evaluation with one of our highly trained pulmonary rehab professionals, individualized treatment goals are set and you will attend monitored exercise sessions that are held three times a week.
• Educational sessions on proper breathing techniques, medications, energy management, nutrition, guidelines for staying healthy, stress reduction, and relaxation are all key components that are taught during rehab.
• Once you have completed the program you are eligible for UNC REX’s Pulmonary Maintenance Program held two days a week in our Raleigh Wellness Center.