Employment at UNC REX Healthcare is so much more than just a job. We're focused on your health, your wealth and your career. We realize your benefits are an important part of your workplace journey. UNC REX proudly offers co-workers and families a comprehensive benefit program that is flexible in its design, provides for varying levels of coverage, offers voluntary supplemental programs and provides personal tax advantages whenever possible.
In addition to traditional benefits, we offer five conveniently located REX Wellness Centers. Consult with a dietitian, take a yoga class or squeeze in a few laps between shifts.
Another benefit we offer is a highly rated REX Child Development Center, which provides a convenient childcare option for our working parents, including easier access for breastfeeding mothers.
And the UNC REX benefits package also includes many extras like tuition reimbursement and discounted memberships. The best news of all? Even if you work part-time, you can receive many of the same benefits that you would if you had a full-time schedule.
Benefits available to UNC REX co-workers include:
- Competitive salaries
- Health insurance coverage effective the first of the month following employment *
- Discounts on health insurance premiums for co-workers participating in the UNC REX Vitality wellness program*
- Dental insurance coverage effective the first of the month following employment *
- Vision insurance*
- Flexible spending accounts*
- 403b retirement savings plan with company match - All co-workers
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Basic and supplemental life insurance*
- Short-term and long-term disability (full-time only)
- Supplemental short-term and long-term disability insurance*
- Critical Illness insurance*
- Accident Coverage
- Accrued paid time-off program
- Shift/weekend differentials
- Discounts at UNC REX onsite pharmacy (over-the-counter items)
- Free parking
- Co-worker Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit union membership
- Discounts on enrollment and monthly membership fees at REX Wellness Centers
- Enrollment at on-site child care provided by REX Child Development Center*
- Pathway for Advancement in Clinical Excellence (PACE) program
- Free classes offered through the REX Center for Leadership Excellence
*Available to full-time and part-time benefits-eligible coworkers only