Nursing Externship Program
Next program start date: May 2018
General Program Overview
- Ten week program
- One week hospital orientation including: General Orientation, Clinical Orientation, Clinical Computer Orientation, & New Nurse Orientation
- Unit-based orientation and preceptorship with a seasoned nurse preceptor
- Opportunities to develop and utilize clinical skills encompassed by the Nursing
- Assistant II certification
- Role shadowing opportunities for special procedures and in various specialty care areas
- Monthly peer support and continuing education sessions
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be entering senior year of nursing school in Fall 2017
- Have a cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher (preferred not required)
- Achieve a Nurse Aide II certification prior to start date
Apply online between January 1 – February 28, 2018.
- Critical Care
- Emergency Services
- Intermediate Care Med/Surg Services
- Women's & Children's Services
- Surgical Services
Upload college transcript (PDF format) at the end of the online application process. Official transcript not required.
Submit an essay describing why you would like to participate in this program and what you hope to contribute to patient care during the program (Word format) at the end of the application process.
*Applications will not be reviewed until all supporting documents are received. You may upload these documents after applying by going into your applicant profile, clicking “Application Status” and “Required Documents.”