Eligibility and Application Process
To be eligbile, candidates must have credentials in one of the following areas:
- Masters in Health Services Administration
- Masters in Public Health
- Masters in Healthcare Administration
- Masters in Business Administration
- Or any other comparable degree with some professional experience in health care
As a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) UNC REX will be participating in the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS). NAFCAS is a simplified and streamlined application process for candidates interested in applying to administrative fellowships. Applications will open to applicants on July 19, 2016.
Applicants must submit the following items via mail, RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 3, 2016, or apply through the standardized NCAF process:
- Completed Application Form
- Official Transcript from the first year of graduate school (the transcript must be an official graduate transcript, submitted in a sealed envelope)
- A statement of goals and objectives addressing the following questions (1 page limit):
- Why did you choose health care management as your career?
- What makes UNC REX Healthcare the ideal place for you?
- What makes you an ideal candidate for the UNC REX Healthcare Administrative Fellowship?
- Three recommendation letters – at least one academic and one professional.
- These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. These letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
- All letters of recommendation must be on original letterhead, signed by the person providing the recommendation, and submitted in a sealed envelope.
Please submit all hard copy application materials in one envelope. Please do not send application material in presentation folders or other bound folders.
Please send hard copies to the following address:
UNC REX Healthcare Executive Office
Attn: Administrative Fellowship Program
C/O Sammie Best
4420 Lake Boone Trail Raleigh NC 27607.
If you have any questions about the application requirements or process, please do not hesitate to reach out via email to our current Administrative Fellow, Ana Crowell.