The PGY1 Resident receives a $47,500 stipend paid by Rex Hospital.
The resident earns Paid Time Off (PTO) at the same rate as a new co-worker. PTO is earned every 2 weeks, coinciding with pay periods. If time off from the residency is taken for any reason except funeral leave, (holiday, vacation, absence), PTO will be used.
The ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting is normally held in December from a Sunday through Thursday in the first two weeks of December. The resident may be granted up to 5 days of education leave for the Midyear Meeting.
Residents are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Account, 403(b), 529 Plan, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off, EAP, as well as a travel stipend for meetings.
Onsite complimentary parking is available on the hospital campus.
Residents are given educational leave with pay and support travel to attend and present at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and SERC.
- Complimentary and required Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) training
- Dedicated office space
- Monogrammed lab coats
- Ascom wireless phones
- Easy access to printer, copier, and fax machines as needed
- Complimentary access to the Wake AHEC Digital Library
- Complimentary mobile access to Lexicomp and Pharmacists’ Letter
- Opportunities to participate in select Learning and Organizational Effectiveness classes
- Discounted access to our comprehensive Rex Wellness Centers
- Discounted meals from our award winning chefs!
- Merchandise discounts at select retailers