Skip to Content

About the Rex Healthcare Guild

Rex Healthcare GuildThe Rex Healthcare Guild is a small group of civic-minded and spirited women who help to support the mission of Rex Healthcare through their volunteerism and forward thinking.

Founded in 1936, the Rex Healthcare Guild began as a small group of physicians’ wives. It has since grown to over 1,200 dedicated volunteers providing funds and supplies to the hospital. These funds are used to purchase medical equipment, provide financial assistance for indigent patients, provide pastoral and palliative care, and much more.

Some notable contributions from the Rex Healthcare Guild include:

  • The opening of the Korner Gift Shop in the early 1980s. The gift shop is still the organization’s largest fundraiser. All of the funds raised are returned back to Rex Healthcare to support staff, patients and their families.
  • The Pharmacy Fund, which provides needy patients with proper medications and supplies.
  • Educational opportunities including Nursing Assistants training and a Nurse Appreciation Seminar.
  • Creation of the Palliative Care Program which allows teams of doctors, nurses, social workers, and chaplains to help patients and families make decisions about quality of life.
  • Providing and delivering Teddy Bears to all patients on Christmas Eve.
  • Maintenance of the Maude Grimes Garden, located on the first floor adjacent to the Courtyard Cafe, for the enjoyment of patients, visitors and co-workers.
  • Providing hand-made caps, blankets and pillows to patients in the Cancer Center.
  • Financial contributions to help purchase medical equipment and to help fund building projects. The Guild has made significant contributions toward the funding of the Rex Cancer Center, The Rex Women’s Center and the Rex Child Development Center.

If you would like to make a donation, contact the Volunteer Services Office by phone at 919-784-3165 or via email.