What Are the Signs of Stroke?
Knowing the signs of stroke and reacting quickly can save lives. There are treatments that can reduce damage from the most common types of stroke, but they must be administered within three hours of the first symptoms.
When it comes to stroke, time lost can be brain lost. Learn these signs and teach them to others. It may save your life or the life of someone you love.
Remember: Give Me 5 for Stroke.
1. Walk - Is their balance off?
2. Talk - Is their speech slurred?
3. Reach - Is one side weak or numb?
4. See - Is their vision all or partly lost?
5. Feel - Is their headache severe?
Even if you notice only one symptom, immediately call 911.
Give Me 5 For Stroke is created by the Stroke Collaborative with the American Academy of Neurology, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Stroke Association.