Thanks to You... We Can Achieve So Much
We reach far beyond our walls to help our community thrive. Your generosity counts. Here's how much:
- 60 families joined our KidsCan! support group for children whose parents or siblings are seriously ill.
- 742 women received free mammograms when the Rex Mobile Mammography Unit came to them, covering a nine-county area.
- 61 nursing scholarships were awarded this year.
- 450 premature babies thrived in the protection of specialized incubators in the past 12 months.
- 1 is the number of donors like you who can make a difference.
Gifts to Rex Healthcare Make a Powerful Impact
Through your generosity, the Rex Healthcare Foundation supports a myriad of co-worker programs and patient services at Rex Healthcare. Our giving priorities are aligned with the strategic goals of Rex Healthcare to ensure that all donations are used responsibly and support critical medical services and the health needs of our community.
All gifts to the foundation impact our ability to provide excellent patient care. There are multiple ways to make a gift:
Memorial or honorarium
A gift in honor or memory of someone special is a meaningful way to remember a friend or loved one. For all memorial or honorary gifts, an acknowledgement letter will be sent to both you and the honoree or designee.
An endowment creates a permanent fund that can be designated for a specific purpose. It is the perfect opportunity to give a gift that keeps on giving.
Corporate matching gifts
Corporate matching gifts are made through programs that match a company's employee gifts of cash to Rex in part or whole. This option can double and, in some cases, triple a gift. Gifts can be made in a variety of ways: cash, check, credit card, electronic funds transfers and automatic drafts.
Gifts of stock, securities and IRA distributions
Gifts of stock, securities and IRA distributions provide ways for many benefactors to contribute when making a substantial outright gift is not immediately possible. Consider adding a provision to your will or living trust or naming Rex Healthcare as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or part of a retirement plan. Donations of stock are an easy way to contribute. And, appreciated securities held for at least one year provide double the tax savings since you can deduct the average of the high/low value on the gift date and avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation.
Learn more about Planned Giving with the Rex Healthcare Foundation.
Corporations and foundations play a powerful role in advancing leading-edge medicine, innovative healthcare initiatives and critical social issues through their sponsorship and grant-making activities.
Contributions to the Rex Healthcare Foundation continue Rex Healthcare's commitment to provide high-quality health care to each and every patient by incorporating innovations, assisting more patients and enhancing the lives of all in our community.
Learn more about our current Corporate Gifts & Grants
Corporate Contributions Count
Support for Rex patients and families is made possible thanks to the help of corporations and foundations. The following areas have flourished thanks to corporate gifts:
- Navigators who help new lung or breast cancer patients through their first visit, from diagnosis to testing to treatment.
- KidsCan! offers a safe environment where kids who have a loved one with cancer can learn about the disease, discuss their concerns and express their feelings.
- The establishment of mobile heart & vascular screenings, which have saved the lives of several heart and vascular patients.
- Special care nursery with state-of-the-art neonatal beds to assist neonatologists in providing gentle care to help our tiniest patients.
- The Angel Fund, which helps cancer patients with unique financial needs (including transportation, living expenses and prescriptions) as they cope with the hardships associated with their treatment. As cancer patients and others with serious illnesses face the demands of their treatment, Rex Healthcare Foundation's Angel Fund steps in to help. We provide patients and families what's needed most:
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Keeping food on the table and the lights and heat on - help with everyday essentials
- Free wigs, scarves, hats, bras, tote bags, pillows, and lap quilts - items that ease and soothe
Your support of Rex Healthcare changes lives. Make a gift today.