What to Expect
What can I expect during my initial pelvic health therapy session?
Your pelvic health therapist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation which may include the following:
- Medical history review
- A postural and structural assessment
- Neurological testing
- Evaluation of overall mobility and movement patterns including gait
- Detailed assessment of pelvic floor muscle function (with an internal pelvic exam and/or with biofeedback)
- Education regarding bowel, bladder, skin care
- An individualized home program
To provide you with the best care, we ask you to plan on being in our office for 1-2 hours for this first session. Follow-up treatment visits generally last 45-60 minutes and are scheduled 1-2 times per week. As you progress with your rehab, your frequency of visits may decrease. Please plan to bring comfortable clothes, any medical reports that relate to your diagnosis, and an updated list of medications.
For more information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org