UNC Rex Cancer Care
For more information, please call
UNC Rex Cancer Care combines community-based care with world-class innovation to provide treatment uniquely tailored to your needs. As North Carolina’s first nationally recognized Comprehensive Community Cancer Center, we provide expert care, close to home, in several convenient locations across the Triangle.
Exemplary Oncology Care
You can trust our established approach to care because:
- We’re certified by the American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center and Comprehensive Breast Center.
- We’ve earned the Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award, which is only awarded to a select group of cancer centers nationwide.
- We work in partnership with physicians from UNC Cancer Care to provide access to clinical trials and highly specialized treatment for more complicated cases.
- Our physicians are board certified and fellowship trained.
UNC Rex Cancer Care includes specialists from:
- Rex Hematology Oncology Associates
- Rex-UNC Radiation Oncology
- Surgical Oncology (Rex Surgical Specialists, Rex Thoracic Surgical Specialists, and Rex Neurosurgery and Spine Specialists)
- UNC Gynecologic Oncology at Rex
Conquering Cancer Together
When you choose to receive treatment at UNC Rex Cancer Care, you’ll benefit from a dedicated team of specialists working together to coordinate your care. Multidisciplinary care is at the heart of our program. Together, our board-certified physicians will meet regularly to develop the best treatment plan for you and your lifestyle.
We also provide access to patient care navigators who can guide you through the treatment plan prescribed by your physicians. They will answer your questions, keep track of your appointments, and address concerns that arise during your treatment. You’ll also have access to support services, including certified social workers, registered dietitians, financial counselors and support groups.
Because we know that you may experience effects even after your treatment ends, you can count on us for ongoing follow-up care and survivorship support.
Cancers We Treat
At UNC Rex Cancer Care, you’ll find expert care for a wide variety of adult cancers including:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancers
- Colon cancer
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Gynecologic cancers
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer (endometrial cancer)
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma
- Lung cancer and other thoracic (chest) cancers
- Urologic cancers
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Urethral cancer