Onsite Laboratory Services
Rex Healthcare operates a full-service, diagnostic laboratory located within Rex Hospital. Rex Laboratory Services offer an onsite laboratory for the convenience of both our Cancer Center patients and physicians.
Rex Cancer Center's onsite laboratory services provide the following services:
- Hematology testing - complete blood count (CBC) and differential sedimentation rates
- Chemistry panels - basic metabolic panels (BMPs), comprehensive metabolic panels (CMPs), liver function tests (LFTs) and iron panels
- Urinalysis and occult blood testing
- Assist physicians with bone marrow aspirates and biopsies
- Access ports, peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) lines and Groshong lines to obtain blood in addition to peripheral draws
In addition to the services above, the medical technologists located in the Cancer Center's onsite laboratory are also available to draw blood for coagulation studies, tumor marker panels and numerous other chemistry tests and blood bank labs that are sent away to be tested. Providing these services ensures that patients can get all tests done in one convenient location.
Physicians may order tests for patients by filling out prescription forms or by calling the lab and directing patients to Rex Hospital.
Rex Laboratory is accredited by The Joint Commission (JCAHO), the College of American Pathologists (CAP), the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). Our qualified staff is also certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP). Rex Laboratory also utilizes Mayo Medical Laboratories for its esoteric testing needs.