2019 Community Needs Health Assessment Implementation Plan
UNC REX celebrated a milestone of caring for the community for 125 years in 2019. A deep history of giving back will remain for years to come.
UNC REX continues to offer one of the most generous charity care policies in the state, ensuring that eligible individuals receive medically necessary care regardless of their ability to pay. The program provides patients with relief of most financial obligation if the patient’s income falls at or below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Last year, this amounted to $121 million or $332,000 a day of free care provided to patients.
Over the course of the next three years, UNC REX will continue its commitment to community by:
- Educating and empowering co-workers to become more involved in the community
- Engaging in conversations with community leaders regarding population health and wellness
- Encourage collaborations across sectors to support community health improvement initiatives
- Serving as an advocate for health issues encompassing social determinants of health
- Guide individuals toward making informed health decisions
- Measure the impact of preventive and community relations activities
To learn more, read the full UNC REX Implementation Plan.