UNC REX Healthcare takes great pride in being an active part of our community. As a not-for-profit healthcare organization, supporting others who do great work to improve the health and wellness of our community is high priority. We are proud of the hundreds of sponsored outreach efforts and thousands of volunteer hours our co-workers and partners provide to make our region a better place to live, work and play.
One way we activate this support is through awarding Community Grants. Each year, we invite other non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations to request support from UNC REX by submitting a grant application. Our desire is to extend awareness and education of important preventive efforts, fuel initiatives that generate positive and impactful results, and inspire others to be involved in meaningful work that benefit all in our community.
UNC REX Healthcare's primary charitable focus is supporting health and human services initiatives. We also place emphasis on educational and artistic endeavors. For Fiscal Year 2018, our funding decisions will be guided by the results of the last Wake County Community Health Needs Assessment to best address the needs of our community.
Organizations with 501(c)(3) charitable status are invited to apply for support between May 1 – June 28, 2017 for initiatives and programs taking place between July 2017 and June 2018.
This timeline is aligned with our fiscal year to assist in budget planning. Requests received outside of this process may not be able to be addressed.
Please review the following information carefully before submitting an application for funding. Only those fully completed applications with supporting documentation will be considered.
The following need not apply:
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, gender, religion, age, sexual preference or national origin
- Political candidates
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- Private foundations
- Endowments or capital campaigns (bricks and mortar)
- Trips and tours
As a strong community supporter, UNC REX receives more requests for charitable contributions than can be accommodated. Organizations will be notified by July 31, 2017 the status of their application.
Please include the following accompanying documentation:
- Proof of 501(C)(3) status
- Current annual operating budget with income and expenses
- List of organization’s leadership, including board of directors
- Most recent audited financial statement (if there is no audit, explain why)
- Project budget detailing project expenses and anticipated income sources
- Supporting materials (annual report, flier)
- Contact information, phone and email of person submitting grant
Supporting documents should be mailed to the following address:
UNC REX Healthcare Community Relations
2500 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27607
For questions, please send us an email.