Media Invited to Mix Work and Play at Rex Hospital Open Media Day
Get an exclusive preview of upcoming Rex Hospital Open and participate in Media Day Golf Challenge
Rex Healthcare invites local media representatives to attend the Rex Hospital Open Media Day to get an exclusive preview of the Web.com Tour's Rex Hospital Open and hear from professional golfers, Rex Hospital Open officials and others. Media outlets are invited to compete in the Rex Hospital Open Media Day Golf Challenge - foursomes will play an 18-hole round to battle for the Media Cup.
Speakers and interview opportunities include:
- David Chung, a Fayetteville native who became a professional golfer in 2012. Chung will compete in the Rex Hospital Open
- Ed Salau, a former Marine and retired veteran of the N.C. Army National Guard who lives in Stella, N.C. Salau is a wounded warrior who will start the Rex Hospital Open with an honorary tee shot on June 19.
- Rex Hospital Open Chairman, World Golf Hall of Fame member Billy Casper
- CAPTRSUT Senior Vice President Jimmy Talton
- Rex Hospital Open Tournament Director Carson Gilbert, as well as officials from McConnell Golf and Web.com
The Media Day Golf Challenge is an excellent way for members of the media to become familiar with the key aspects of the Rex Hospital Open before the actual event, while enjoying the friendly competition.
Professional golfers from around the world travel to TPC at Wakefield Plantation to participate in the Web.com Tour's Rex Hospital Open, June 20-23. The tournament attracts significant attention through its attractive Raleigh location, charitable efforts and focus on golf fans and families. Over the last 25+ years, Rex charity golf has raised more than $7 million to support programs and services at Rex Hospital. This year, proceeds benefit Rex Heart & Vascular programs and services.
Wednesday, May 29
Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m., followed by brief remarks at 8 a.m. The Media Day Golf Challenge starts around 8:40 a.m.
TPC at Wakefield Plantation
2201 Wakefield Plantation Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27614