Rex Hospital Open Tees Off with Professional Golf, Family Fun
WHAT: The Web.com Tour returns to Raleigh next week as the Rex Hospital Open kicks off with a week of events and activities for golf fans and families. This year, 156 professional golfers from the around the world will compete as part of their quest for status on the PGA TOUR. Proceeds from this year’s tournament will benefit the new North Carolina Heart & Vascular Hospital, an eight-story, 114-bed tower under construction at UNC REX Healthcare’s main Raleigh campus.
WHO: Professional golfers will compete in the 2016 Rex Hospital Open, including Raleigh native Grayson Murray, three-time Rex Hospital Open tournament winner Kyle Thompson, Australian native (and Raleigh transplant) Cameron Percy, Campbell University alumnus Brad Fritsch and others. Visit rexhospitalopen.com/current-field-list for the most updated field list.
Many golfers, Rex Hospital Open tournament director Brian Krusoe and others are available for interviews. Contact Alan Wolf to schedule.
WHERE: TPC Wakefield Plantation
2201 Wakefield Plantation Dr., Raleigh, NC 27614
UNC REX Healthcare will offer free shuttles to and from TPC Wakefield Plantation. Public parking and shuttle access is available at REX Healthcare of Wakefield at 11200 Governor Manly Way, Raleigh, NC 27614.
SCHEDULE: For a full schedule of events, visit rexhospitalopen.com/schedule-of-events.
Monday, May 9
- American Cancer Society Triangle Cure Classic Pro-Am, noon
- First Tee of the Triangle Instructional Clinic, 6 p.m. at North Ridge Country Club
Tuesday, May 10
- Professional Practice Rounds (All Day)
- Pairings Party and Pro-Am Reception sponsored by North State Bank (invitation only), 6-9 p.m. (A panel discussion with 5-6 pro golfers will start at 7:30 p.m.)
Wednesday, May 11
- Official Rex Hospital Open Pro-Am, 6:50-8:50 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Honorary Opening Tee Shot, noon, highlighting Military Caddie program (we will have 18 members of the Armed Forces joining us as caddies)
Thursday, May 12
- First Round of Competition, gates open at 8 a.m.
Friday, May 13
- Second Round of Competition, gates open at 8 a.m.
- Food Truck Friday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (featuring Cousins Maine Lobster, OMG Chicken, Two Roosters Ice Cream)
Saturday, May 14
- Third Round of Competition, gates open at 8 a.m.
- PhoNomenal Dumpling Truck
- Live Music by Old Habits Band, immediately following play, on the back porch of the main clubhouse
Sunday, May 15
- Final Round of Competition, gates open at 8 a.m.
- Rex Hospital Open Trophy Presentation, immediately following the conclusion of play at approximately 5 p.m.
TICKETS: Tickets are available for purchase at rexhospitalopen.com. Daily grounds tickets are $10, weekly pass is $25, Champion’s Club tickets (which include food and beverages) are $100. Kids 16 and under attend for free.
NOTE: Working media should stop at the Media Room on the first floor of the main TPC Wakefield clubhouse upon arrival for credentials.
Free admission will be offered May 12-15 to active duty, military reserve, National Guard, military retirees and veterans, as well as to Wake County Public School System employees with a valid ID.