REX Hospital Open Returns for 30th Annual Charity Tournament
Professional golfers will compete at TPC Wakefield in Raleigh, June 1-4
The REX Hospital Open will return to TPC Wakefield Plantation on June 1-4, as the Web.com Tour returns to Raleigh for the 30th anniversary of UNC REX Healthcare’s charity golf tournament. More than 150 professional golfers from around the world will compete for their PGA Tour cards. The schedule of events has something for everyone – from golf enthusiasts to families on a day out. Proceeds from this year’s event will support cardiovascular disease prevention and education at the new, state-of-the-art North Carolina Heart & Vascular Hospital, which opened in March on UNC REX’s main Raleigh campus.
156 golfers* from around the world will compete in this year’s REX Hospital Open. This year’s field will include:
- 20 former PGA Tour winners with a combined 30 PGA Tour victories
- 21 of the top 25 on the current Web.com money list
- 17 foreign tour winners
Players with local ties scheduled to play include:
In addition, three former REX Hospital Open winners are expected to play:
- Chesson Hadley (2013 winner and Raleigh native who was born at UNC REX Hospital)
- Byron Smith (2014 winner)
- Kyle Thompson (winner in 2007, 2011 and 2015 – the only three-time REX Hospital Open champion).
*Many golfers are available for interviews. Contact Alan Wolf to schedule.
TPC Wakefield Plantation
2201 Wakefield Plantation Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27614
UNC REX Healthcare will offer free shuttles to and from TPC Wakefield Plantation. Public parking and shuttle access is available at REX Healthcare of Wakefield at 11200 Governor Manly Way, Raleigh.
More than 500 volunteers play critical roles in making sure the REX Hospital Open is successful. Volunteers are still needed. Volunteer opportunities include serving as walking scorers and marshals, managing the leaderboards and assisting with sales. For more information, or to sign up, please visit: rexhospitalopen.com/volunteers/.
Tuesday, May 30
- Professional Practice Rounds (All Day)
- Pairings Party and Pro-Am Reception, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., TPC Wakefield Plantation Clubhouse (Invitation Only)
- First Tee of the Triangle Junior Clinic, 6 p.m., North Ridge Country Club, 6612 Falls Of Neuse Road, Raleigh
Wednesday, May 31
- Official REX Hospital Open Pro-Am
- TPC Wakefield Plantation; Tee Times - Morning (6:50 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.) and Afternoon (12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Honorary Opening Tee Shot (1st Tee, Noon)
Thursday, June 1
- First Round of Competition, TPC Wakefield
Friday, June 2
- Second Round of Competition, TPC Wakefield
- Food Truck Friday featuring Cousins Maine Lobster, Fresh Local Ice Cream, Gonza Tacos (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Saturday, June 3: Family Day at the Open
- Third Round of Competition, TPC Wakefield
- Family fun: Face painting, music, free ice cones, rock climbing, food trucks
- Food Trucks (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.): Cousins Maine Lobster, Fresh Local Ice Cream, Gonza Tacos
- Live Music (4 p.m. in fan expo village stage)
Sunday, June 4: Service Appreciation Day presented by First Citizens Bank
- Final Round of Competition, TPC Wakefield
- REX Hospital Open Trophy Presentation, immediately following the conclusion of play (approximately 5 p.m.)
Media attend for free.
Please check in at the Media Room on the first floor of the main clubhouse at TPC Wakefield when you arrive to receive your credentials. Or contact Alan Wolf.
Tickets are available for purchase at rexhospitalopen.com. Daily grounds tickets are $10, week ground tickets are $20, Champion’s Club tickets are $100, and kids 16 and under attend for free.
Free admission will be offered June 1-4 to active duty, military reserve, National Guard, military retirees and veterans, as well as to Wake County Public School System employees who have valid IDs.