UNC Health Care to Collect Disaster Relief Items for Hurricane Florence Victims
Donation drives this week at UNC REX in Raleigh and UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill
RALEIGH, N.C. – Oct. 23, 2018 – UNC Health Care employees across the Triangle are joining forces to donate food and other disaster relief items for victims of Hurricane Florence. UNC REX Healthcare in Raleigh and UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill will hold donation drives this week (Oct. 24 to Oct. 26) in collaboration with the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. Volunteers will collect donated items and fill massive portable storage containers. Information on most needed items can be found here.
Two years ago, after Hurricane Matthew hit Eastern North Carolina, employees from UNC Health Care held simultaneous disaster relief drives and collected thousands of donated items for residents in need. With cleanup and recovery continuing from September’s Hurricane Florence, our employees are stepping up again to help residents displaced or disrupted by the storm.
- Wednesday, Oct. 24: 6-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 4-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 25: 6-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 4-7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 26: 6-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- UNC REX location: 2823 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27607 (corner of Blue Ridge and Macon Pond roads, across from the Emergency Department)
- UNC Medical Center location: 101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, in front of the NC Women’s Hospital
UNC Health Care employees will volunteer to help load and sort donated items on trucks in Chapel Hill and Raleigh. Anyone wishing to donate items can stop by during the drives.
The donation drives will offer visual and interview opportunities. Please contact Alan Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.