UNC REX Healthcare is proud to be the first hospital in the Triangle to be awarded Magnet status in April of 2006. UNC REX was re-designated as a Magnet hospital for third consecutive time in 2015. This award puts UNC REX Nurses in an elite group of the top 2 percent of nurses in the nation.
The Magnet Recognition program affords important national recognition to healthcare organizations that demonstrate sustained excellence in nursing care. The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's largest and foremost nursing accrediting and credentialing organization, administers this prestigious program.
Principles of Magnet
Here are the principles that distinguish UNC REX as a Magnet Organization:
- Quality of nursing leadership
- Organizational structure
- Quality of care
- Professional development
- RN to RN relationships
- Interprofessional relationships
Learn more about Magnet and the ANCC.
MAGNET RECOGNITION PROGRAM® — SITE VISIT
- UNC REX Healthcare was designated as a Magnet organization in 2006, 2010, and 2015 by the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®. This prestigious designation recognizes excellence in nursing services. In November 2020, UNC REX Healthcare is applying for re-designation.
- Patients, family members, staff, and interested parties who would like to provide comments are encouraged to do so. Anyone may send comments via e-mail and direct mail.
- Your comments must be received by the Magnet Program Office by October 25, 2020.
NOTE: All comments are CONFIDENTIAL and are not shared with the health care organization. Comments may be anonymous, but they must be sent in writing to the Magnet Program Office.
AMERICAN NURSES CREDENTIALING CENTER (ANCC)
MAGNET RECOGNITION PROGRAM OFFICE
8515 Georgia Ave., Suite 400
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492