UNC REX Healthcare is proud to be the first hospital in the Triangle to be awarded Magnet status in April of 2006. UNC REX was re-designated as a Magnet hospital for third consecutive time in 2015. This award puts UNC REX Nurses in an elite group of the top 2 percent of nurses in the nation.
The Magnet Recognition program affords important national recognition to healthcare organizations that demonstrate sustained excellence in nursing care. The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's largest and foremost nursing accrediting and credentialing organization, administers this prestigious program.
Forces of Magnetism
Here are the characteristics that distinguish UNC REX as a Magnet Organization:
- Quality of Nursing Leadership
- Organizational Structure Management Style
- Personal Policies and Programs
- Professional Models of Practice
- Quality of Care
- Quality Improvement Consultation and Resources
- Autonomy Community and Healthcare Organization
- Nurses as Teachers
- Image of Nursing
- Interdisciplinary Relationships Professional Development
Learn more about Magnet and the ANCC.