Heart Healthy Cooking Classes
Putting best practice into action, our demonstration kitchen will offer interactive learning opportunities for patients, families and the community.
Our talented team of chefs, culinary specialists and registered dietitians will teach you to prepare easy, delicious and heart-healthy meals. Dietitians will provide important nutrition education about these dishes as they relate to certain health conditions. Our demonstration kitchen will also feature guest speakers and chefs from around the triangle.
Each class includes a cooking demonstration, samples of featured dishes, along with both the recipes and skills to prepare these meals on your own.
All classes are held in the Innovation and Learning Center on Level 1 of the North Carolina Heart & Vascular Hospital.
Upcoming Cooking Demonstrations
Let's Get Saucy: Healthy Sauces, Dressing and Dips
- 4/4/18 at 5:00 PM, taught by Shelly Wegman, MS, RD, LDN
Go with Your Gut: Eating for Digestive Health
- 4/11/18 at 12:00 PM, taught by Meg Mangan, MS, RD, LDN
An Evening in Paris
- 4/12/18 at 6:00 PM, taught by guest chef Serge Falcoz-Vigne from Saint Jacques restaurant. Laure Levesque, the founder of Queen of Wines, will be offering a wine pairing at this demonstration. *Cost is higher than other classes*
Healthy Cooking from the Mediterranean Coast
- 4/18/18 at 5:00 PM, taught by Deniz Ender
Bread-Making Basics: Homemade Wheat Bread
- 5/15/18 at 5:00 PM, taught by Diane Danchi, RD, LDN