REX Vein Center
If left untreated, vein disease can worsen over time. We can help.
At REX Vein Center, you'll find the latest noninvasive and minimally invasive treatments for veins from UNC REX Healthcare’s Vein Center. No matter how minor or serious your concern, you’ll get personalized, high-quality services from a caring qualified expert.
Vein Conditions We Treat
Ask us for a diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of vein-related conditions, including:
- Varicose veins – Bulging, twisted veins that show up most often on legs and may cause pain
- Spider veins – Small veins that look like a web under the skin and usually appear on legs, ankles or the face
- Blood clots – Thickened masses of blood that can cause pain, swelling (edema) and redness
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) – Blood clot in a leg or pelvic area
- Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis – Vein inflammation that can be caused by a blood clot
- Cherry and spider angiomas – Small groups of red blood vessels that look like a spider web or red spot and commonly appear on the face
- Hemangiomas – A swollen, red mass of extra blood vessels that appears most often in early childhood
- Neovascularization – Formation of extra blood vessels, especially in the eye
- Port wine stain – Dark red spot that appears most often on the face, neck, scalp, arms or legs
- Rosacea – Redness on the face, neck, chest, scalp or ears that sometimes includes bumps or pimples and is most common after age 30
- Telangiectasia – A cluster of tiny, red, widened blood vessels near the surface of the skin, especially the face
- Venous insufficiency – Damage that makes blood pool in the veins and can cause leg ulcers and restless leg syndrome
- Venous lake – Small, raised, blue or purple soft spot that appears more often with age and affects the lips, ears or face
- Wounds – Sores and ulcers that don’t heal because of poor circulation
Varicose Vein Treatment
Take advantage of minimally invasive and noninvasive vein treatments such as:
• Endovenous laser ablation – Closes problem veins through bursts of intense light using low-risk technology that minimizes treatment time. Cost is $200 per 15 minutes.
• Radiofrequency ablation – Sends heat into varicose veins to eliminate them.
• Sclerotherapy – Injects saline into varicose veins so they disappear.
In some cases, a doctor may recommend a surgical procedure such as vein stripping or phlebectomy to remove or tie off varicose veins and reroute blood through healthier veins.
Venous Obstruction Care
If a blood clot or scarring blocks blood flow through a vein, your doctor may recommend venous disease treatment, such as medication, bypass surgery or complex venous reconstruction.
In addition to getting vein treatment, improve your skin’s appearance by taking advantage of laser therapy for skin conditions through a REX Vein Center.
Payment & Insurance Information
REX Vein Center accepts participating insurance plans, but not all procedures are covered by insurance. If you are unsure of what your insurance plan covers, please contact your insurance company before your first office visit. Medical condition consultations and treatments will be billed to your insurance accordingly, but the cost of aesthetic consultations and treatments may not be covered by insurance and will be the responsibility of the patient.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Medicare
- Doctors Direct
- First Health/Coventry
- Great West
- Humana Alignment
- Humana Choice Care
- MDI Healthcare Solutions
- OneNet PPO (Mamsi/Alliance)
- Primary PhysicianCare
- Prime Health Services
- Southeast Community Care
- Tricare/Champus (non-network)
- United Healthcare