Every year, we help hundreds of people whose illnesses or injuries have caused a loss of function and independence. Our rehabilitation specialists provide the care, education and support you need to continue healing and regain function. We’re focused on delivering the highest level of care to help you reach your recovery goals and improve your quality of life.
- Comprehensive care. Whether you need therapy related to a chronic health condition or care after an injury, we offer a full range of rehabilitation services — including physical, occupational and speech-language therapy.
- Specialized services. Our multidisciplinary care team offers specialized services for neurologic injuries or illness — such as stroke or Parkinson’s disease — lymphedema and cancer care. We offer programs focused on pelvic health, sports injury recovery, osteoporosis care, balance training and more.
- Compassionate experts. Our therapy team includes highly trained experts who specialize in various areas of rehabilitation and work closely with doctors and other specialists to provide seamless care.
Our physical therapists perform comprehensive evaluation and treatment for a wide variety of orthopedic/ musculoskeletal conditions. Clinicians have extensive post-graduate training in manual therapy and advanced treatment techniques, including therapists with residency training and advanced certification.
At UNC REX Outpatient Rehabilitation you will always work one-on-one with a licensed therapist.
Aquatic Physical Therapy
Need locations - no locations noted on document
Aquatic physical therapy offers an individualized, one-on-one treatment program and uses the unique properties of water to provide a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment. It also helps to ease pressure on joints and tissues allowing patients to safely increase range of motion, strength, flexibility and endurance in a biomechanically correct manner. Aquatic physical therapy is available at all our locations.
Cary location only
Common vestibular diagnoses that we treat include BPPV , vertigo, vestibular hypofunction, peripheral or central disorders, general imbalance, and cervicogenic dizziness.
Dry Needling (Intramuscular Therapy)
Raleigh, Cary and Wakefield locations
Dry Needling is a specialized therapeutic intervention that can release myofascial trigger points which cause pain and irritation. This treatment can help improve flexibility of the muscle(s) and decrease painful symptoms.
Raleigh and Wakefield locations
Pelvic dysfunction affects both women and men and is relatively common. This includes pelvic pain, incontinence, urinary and bowel dysfunction, and musculoskeletal issues with pregnancy. Physical therapy may significantly improve the quality of life of a pelvic health patient and often can help avoid or prolong the need for surgical intervention.
Raleigh and Wakefield locations
Our Occupational Therapists provide evaluation and treatment for patients to assist in mastering skills for independent living (i.e. cooking, writing, shopping, dressing).
Our therapists also specialize in:
- hand rehabilitation, which includes splinting
- post-surgical and stroke rehabilitation
- adaptive equipment assessments and recommendations
- energy conservation techniques and ergonomic assessments
Raleigh, Wakefield and Cary locations
Our Speech-Language Pathologists evaluate and treat adult patients with swallowing disorders, cognitive problems, speech/language impairment, and voice disorders.
We also offer the following specialized services:
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies (MBS) (Raleigh and Wakefield only)
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- LSVT Loud for Parkinson’s patients
- Respiratory Muscle Training (RMT)
- Evaluation/treatment for head/neck cancer patients
- Post-stroke/aphasia therapy program, Primary Progressive Aphasia program