Multidisciplinary Parkinson's Program
At UNC REX Rehabilitation Services, we are proud to offer you an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team recognized by the National Parkinson's Foundation for the treatment of people with Parkinson's disease (PD). This interdisciplinary team includes physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists who meet regularly and collaborate with the physician to discuss care plans and recommendations.
As suggested by recommendations from the National Parkinson's Foundation, our Parkinson's program includes:
- PTs, OTs and SLPs who have completed Allied Team Training for Parkinson's, through the National Parkinson's Foundation.
- Consultations with PT, OT and SLP following diagnosis, with follow-up regarding any change in Parkinson's symptoms or at least every six months.
- Valued involvement with the patient's care partner as a vital part of the rehabilitation process.
- LSVT, Loud and LSVT Big certified therapists.
- Referrals to extended team members such as a neuropsychologist, medical social worker, music therapist or other health care professionals.