Our therapists provide skilled evaluation and treatment for patients with various neurological diagnoses, such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
(Raleigh and Wakefield locations)
UNC REX Outpatient Parkinson's program consists of an interdisciplinary team that is specially trained to evaluate and treat this population. The team meets regularly and collaborates with the physician and family members to discuss care plans and recommendations. In accordance with National Parkinson's Foundation recommendations, UNC REX's PD program includes:
- Specially trained physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists with expertise in Parkinson’s disease
- LSVT Loud and LSVT Big certified therapists
- Referrals to extended team members such as a neuropsychologist, medical social worker, music therapist or other health care professionals
UNC REX Outpatient Rehabilitation takes a special interest in cancer patients. We offer many services to handle the unique needs of these patients, from diagnosis through recovery. Our multidisciplinary service is part of a comprehensive cancer care program offered by UNC REX.
Post diagnosis and treatment issues may include:
- Chemo brain
- Decreased ability to perform functional activities
- Decreased strength, range of motion and endurance
- Swallowing/speech dysfunction
- Lymphedema therapy
(Raleigh and Wakefield only)
Lymphedema can develop as a result of cancer related involvement , vascular disorders and other diagnoses. Our certified lymphedema therapists provide expert services, including Manual Lymphatic Drainage techniques, exercise, compression garment fitting and education to help patients manage their condition.