At UNC REX Rehabilitation Services, our speech-language therapists evaluate and treat swallowing disorders, cognitive problems, speech/language impairment and voice/articulation disorders. We embrace you and your family as part of the rehabilitative team to develop rehabilitative goals and a plan-of-care that work best for you.
Speech therapy is a key component of our Parkinson's program. Our therapists work with you to address the challenges that Parkinson's disease presents, such as changes in speech and voice quality, swallowing difficulties, and changes in cognition.
We also offer these specialized services:
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies (Raleigh and Wakefield)
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) (Raleigh and Cary)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- Manometry (Pharyngeal)
- Evaluation and treatment for head/neck cancer patients
- Vital Stim (neuromuscular electrical stimulation to improve swallow strength and help eliminate the need for feeding tubes)
- Surface Electromyography (biofeedback added to traditional dysphagia treatment or low-dose e-stim)
Speech therapy is provided at our Raleigh, Cary, and Wakefield locations.