For immediate care of illnesses and injuries that aren’t life-threatening, visit REX Express Care. You’ll enjoy easy access to high-quality medical care for adults and children ages 4 months and older—so you can feel better, faster.
Walk-In Clinics Near You
Find REX Express Care walk-in clinics near you in Cary, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Raleigh, and Wakefield.
Urgent Care Hours
All REX Express Care locations are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. On most holidays, we’re open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. REX Express Care is
What To Expect at Urgent Care
Count on REX Express Care to provide prompt, professional treatment for you and your family. You’ll benefit from a team of doctors, physician assistants, and nurses with experience diagnosing and treating common conditions like strep throat, pink eye, stomach flu, and athlete’s foot.
On-Site X-Ray Services
Your urgent care doctor may recommend an X-ray, blood test, or other test to diagnose your condition. With on-site imaging and lab services at all of our urgent care clinics, you’ll have convenient, on-site access to a wide range of diagnostic tests.
Is Urgent Care the Same as the Emergency Room?
Get the best care for you by choosing the right place to go:
- Call 911 or go to an emergency room for serious, life-threatening illness or injury to you or your unborn baby.
- Go to an urgent care walk-in clinic if you need quick care for a common illness or minor injury, but your primary care provider is not available.
Learn more about how to know whether you should go to urgent care or the emergency room.
Before You Go to Urgent Care
To save time and help your visit go as smoothly as possible:
- Spend less time in the waiting room when you check-in online before you leave home. You’ll choose your arrival time and receive a text message reminding you of your visit.
- Download, print and complete the REX Express Care Patient Registration Form [PDF]. Bring it to your appointment.
- Bring a list of medications you are taking.
- Bring your insurance card.
How Much Does an Urgent Care Visit Cost?
Ask your insurance provider what care is covered under your plan and what out-of-pocket expenses you can expect. See a list of insurance plans we accept.
Depending on the services you need, you may receive more than one bill after your urgent care visit:
- A bill from REX Express Care for the provider visit and any supplies or medication you receive during the visit
- A bill from UNC REX Healthcare for any laboratory tests, such as blood tests
- A bill from Wake Radiology and from UNC REX Healthcare for any X-rays or other imaging tests
If you need help paying for your care, learn about our financial assistance programs.