Turn to breastfeeding classes at UNC REX Healthcare to learn breastfeeding basics, how to overcome breastfeeding challenges, and what to expect after the baby is born.
What Can I Learn from Breastfeeding Classes?
You’ll get answers to questions and concerns you may have around breastfeeding, such as:
- How to tell if your baby is hungry
- How to position, or latch, your newborn to your breast
- How much milk you can expect to produce
- How often your baby needs food
- How much milk your new baby needs
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- What cluster feeding is and strategies for coping with it
- When to start pumping and how to properly store breast milk
- When to introduce a bottle to your baby’s feeding
- How to take care of yourself
UNC REX Breastfeeding Classes
Benefit from breastfeeding classes led by a board-certified lactation consultant. Classes offered at UNC REX include:
- Preparing to Breastfeed – Before the baby is born, learn tips about breastfeeding. You’ll find out about the benefits and know what to expect during the first days of feeding. This class is $25 per couple (you plus a support person).
- Working and Breastfeeding (postnatal class) – Learn how to feed your baby after returning to the workplace. Topics you’ll learn in this class include how to store milk and schedule pumping. This class is $5 per person.
Learn about all our lactation support services.