Turn to breastfeeding classes at UNC REX Healthcare to learn breastfeeding basics, how to overcome breastfeeding challenges, and what to expect after the baby is born.
What Can I Learn from Breastfeeding Classes?
You’ll get answers to questions and concerns you may have around breastfeeding, such as:
- How to tell if your baby is hungry
- How to position, or latch, your newborn to your breast
- How much milk you can expect to produce
- How often your baby needs food
- How much milk your new baby needs
- How to tell if your baby is getting enough milk
- What cluster feeding is and strategies for coping with it
- When to start pumping and how to properly store breast milk
- When to introduce a bottle to your baby’s feeding
- How to take care of yourself
UNC REX Breastfeeding Classes
Benefit from breastfeeding classes led by a board-certified lactation consultant. We currently offer one virtual breastfeeding class, "Understanding Breastfeeding."
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our class offerings are limited and are online-only at this time.*
A unique online learning experience that provides comprehensive information you can trust about breastfeeding. In this class, you’ll learn all about breastfeeding through instructive video clips, animations, and interactive games. You’ll also get a sense of what it’s really like to breastfeed as you hear from moms who have been there!
In addition, you will also have the opportunity to connect as a class for a live virtual Q&A WebEx with an International Certified Lactation Consultant, IBCLC or Certified Perinatal Instructor.
Learn about all our lactation support services.