UNC Maternal-Fetal Medicine at UNC REX
UNC Maternal-Fetal Medicine at UNC REX offers obstetrical care for women with pregnancies that are complicated by maternal disease, such as diabetes or hypertension, or any problem with the fetus, such as congenital abnormalities.
Our physicians are specialists not only in diagnostic techniques, but also in complicated surgeries for both the mother and fetus.
Coordinated Care for You and Your Baby
If your obstetrician refers you to the specialists at UNC Maternal-Fetal Medicine at UNC REX, you'll benefit from the compassionate, experienced and individualized care of our team.
Your care team may include maternal-fetal medicine specialists, nurses, sonographers, and genetic counselors who will work together to provide you with the highest quality of care.
Our specialists will will work closely with you and your healthcare provider to diagnose, treat or monitor your/your baby’s conditions to help ensure the best possible outcome.
If your baby requires special care after delivery, you’ll experience a seamless transition to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at UNC REX Hospital.
Special Pregnancy Services
Take advantage of a variety of specialized pregnancy services including:
- Maternal-fetal consultation
- High risk prenatal care
- Prenatal diagnosis (ultrasound, fetal echo, CVS, amniocentesis)
- Inpatient care and monitoring
- Help managing existing health problems, including diabetes and high blood pressure
- Genetic testing and counseling for genetic disorders and fetal anomalies
- Treatment and counseling for women with moderate to severe postpartum depression at the UNC Center for Women’s Mood Disorders
Staffing includes three full-time sonographers, a maternal-fetal faculty physician, a nurse practitioner and a genetic counselor.
The UNC Maternal-Fetal Medicine at REX clinic is open Monday - Friday between 8 am and 5 pm.