Nursing Externship Program
Next program start date: May 18, 2020 (Please check back for application dates early January)
General Program Overview
- Ten week program
- One week hospital orientation including: General Orientation, Clinical Orientation, Clinical Computer Orientation, & New Nurse Orientation
- Unit-based orientation and preceptorship with a seasoned nurse preceptor
- Opportunities to develop and utilize clinical skills encompassed by the Nursing
- Assistant II certification
- Role shadowing opportunities for special procedures and in various specialty care areas
- Monthly peer support and continuing education sessions
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be entering senior year of nursing school in Fall 2018
- Have a cumulative 2.75 GPA or higher (preferred not required)
- Achieve a Nurse Aide II certification prior to start date
Apply online - COMING SOON!
- Critical Care (req#)
- Emergency Department (req#)
- Intermediate Care – (req#)
- Med/Surg Services – (req#)
- Women's & Children's Services (req#)
- Pre/Post Cath Lab (req#)
Upload college transcript as part of your application process. Official transcript not required.
*Applications will not be reviewed until all supporting documents are received.