Nursing Externship Program
Next program start date: June 1, 2021
General Program Overview
- Ten week program
- One week hospital orientation including: General Orientation, Clinical Orientation, Clinical Computer Orientation, & New Nurse Orientation
- Unit-based orientation and preceptorship with a seasoned nurse preceptor
- Opportunities to develop and utilize clinical skills encompassed by the Nursing
- Assistant II certification
- Role shadowing opportunities for special procedures and in various specialty care areas
- Monthly peer support and continuing education sessions
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be entering senior year of nursing school in Fall 2020
- Have an average 2.5 GPA or higher (preferred)
- Have an average 3.0 GPA or higher (required)
- Achieve a Nurse Aide II certification prior to start date
Apply online - January 13 – February 13, 2021
- Critical Care - (req# 2645)
- Medicine & Short Stay – (req# 2651)
- Emergency Department - (req# 2657)
- Intermediate Care – (req# 2652)
- Surgery Services (Med/Surg) – (req#2669)
- Women’s Services – (req#2619)
- Pre/Post Cath Lab - (req# 2653)
- Heart & Vascular Diagnostics – (req# 2655)
- Perioperative Services – (req#) – Coming Soon!
- Float Pool – Coming Soon!
Upload college transcript as part of your application process. Official transcript not required.
*Applications will not be reviewed until all supporting documents are received.