Cauliflower Crust Pizza-recipe courtesy of Boston Medical Center
Makes 4 individual pizzas
- 1 small head of cauliflower, leaves/stem removed –shredded OR 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbl grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten or flax substitute (1 Tbl ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbl water, let sit 15 min)
- Assorted toppings –tomato sauce, veggies, fresh basil etc.
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Microwave or roast riced cauliflower (microwave, covered with plastic with a hole in the top 4-6 minutes. Roast about 20 minutes). Wrap cooled cauliflower in a towel and squeeze out fluid.
Put into large mixing bowl and add egg or flax seed mix, cheeses, oregano, salt, garlic powder.
Divide cauliflower into 4 scoops on the parchment paper and spread into 4-inch circles. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven, add toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information per individual pizza without toppings:
98+ calories 5g fat 2g saturated fat (with egg) 7g protein 4g carbohydrate 56mg cholesterol 2g fiber 194mg sodium