Published on April 30, 2018
- 2 medium size onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- In a medium bowl mix sliced onions with 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Using hand, squeeze and knead onion mixture for couple of minutes until the bitter juice of onion is released.
- Rinse onions.
- Wash eggplant and peal parts of the skin. Cut in equal pieces.
- Add all the ingredients (except oregano and parsley) in a medium pan and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add ½ water if needed.
- Add oregano.
- Transfer eggplant casserole to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve it hot or cold.
Yield: 6 servings