Servings: 4 Serving Size: 3 rounds Time: 45 minutes
• 4 medium sweet potatoes (or 3 large sweet potatoes) *larger diameter may indicate sweetness
• A light spray of olive oil
• 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
• 1 tsp of dried thyme
• 1 tsp of dried sage
• 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, optional
1. Pre-heat your oven to broil (or grill) settings to high heat. Wash and trim off the ends of the sweet potatoes. Cut each sweet potato into quarters (or 1 1/2 - inch pieces).
2. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 20 -25 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain well.
3. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray olive oil. Arrange sweet potatoes onto the sheet and use a fork to LIGHTLY flatten each piece (they will be soft, so try not to press too hard or they will end up breaking and mashed).
4. Mix together the butter or olive oil, garlic, parsley and herbs in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture over each sweet potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Broil (or grill) until they are golden and crispy (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
Per 3 Rounds:
Calories - 205
Protein - 2g
Carbs - 21g
Fat - 12g
Sodium - 340mg
Fiber - 3g
Recipe modified from Café Delights