Published on April 26, 2018
Yield: 8 cups
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup olive oil or canola oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey (you can also use jelly or seedless jam)
- ⅔ cup dried fruit – add at end after completely cooled
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds.
- Pour in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and spices. If necessary, heat oil or sweetener in microwave or in sauce pan on stove. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until golden, about 45min - 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, adding the dried fruit. Store the granola in an airtight container.
Tip: to help with transferring granola to a container, line pan with parchment paper.